Ladies' summer dresses: $2.25
Pearl buttons: 3 cents each
Men's blue serge suits: $7.38
Dress shirts: $1.98
Children's drawers: 10 and 19 cents
Silk kimonos: $3.35-$6.50
Milk: 2 quarts for $1
Malt cream bread: 4 loaves for a 2-cent stamp
Heating coal: $5.25 per ton
Studebaker touring car: $800
Danderine hair-growth product: $1
Hair-growth product: $1 per bottle
Hotel presidential suite: $6
Sources: Deseret Evening News advertisements and "The Hotel," by Leonard J. Arrington and Heidi S. Swinton
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- LDS screenwriter talks about faith, family...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Healthy food and exercise are not the enemy
- In the Whirled: Has Pinterest sapped our...
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 25
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4