Ladies' summer dresses: $2.25
Pearl buttons: 3 cents each
Men's blue serge suits: $7.38
Dress shirts: $1.98
Children's drawers: 10 and 19 cents
Silk kimonos: $3.35-$6.50
Milk: 2 quarts for $1
Malt cream bread: 4 loaves for a 2-cent stamp
Heating coal: $5.25 per ton
Studebaker touring car: $800
Danderine hair-growth product: $1
Hair-growth product: $1 per bottle
Hotel presidential suite: $6
Sources: Deseret Evening News advertisements and "The Hotel," by Leonard J. Arrington and Heidi S. Swinton
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- Elder L. Tom Perry: An extraordinary friend...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: 'Mombods' are beautiful
- 25 restaurants that offer free food on your...
- How food advertising confuses children about...
- Report examines the needs of Utah's growing...
- New Mexico couple gets back wedding rings...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 27
- ‘Wife bonus:’ Is paying... 14
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble 12
- How food advertising confuses children... 10
- Meet your child's next best friend 3
- Not eternal: Paris removes 'love locks'... 2
- Michelle Singletary: Helping your adult... 2
- Music in the air: Outdoor concerts... 1