Ladies' summer dresses: $2.25
Pearl buttons: 3 cents each
Men's blue serge suits: $7.38
Dress shirts: $1.98
Children's drawers: 10 and 19 cents
Silk kimonos: $3.35-$6.50
Milk: 2 quarts for $1
Malt cream bread: 4 loaves for a 2-cent stamp
Heating coal: $5.25 per ton
Studebaker touring car: $800
Danderine hair-growth product: $1
Hair-growth product: $1 per bottle
Hotel presidential suite: $6
Sources: Deseret Evening News advertisements and "The Hotel," by Leonard J. Arrington and Heidi S. Swinton
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I keep...
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your marriage?
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah delegation...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- The Clean Cut: Babies dress up as famous 'old...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I... 33
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 18
- Disney 'princess culture' may not be... 12
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 11
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 8
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your... 7