Ladies' summer dresses: $2.25
Pearl buttons: 3 cents each
Men's blue serge suits: $7.38
Dress shirts: $1.98
Children's drawers: 10 and 19 cents
Silk kimonos: $3.35-$6.50
Milk: 2 quarts for $1
Malt cream bread: 4 loaves for a 2-cent stamp
Heating coal: $5.25 per ton
Studebaker touring car: $800
Danderine hair-growth product: $1
Hair-growth product: $1 per bottle
Hotel presidential suite: $6
Sources: Deseret Evening News advertisements and "The Hotel," by Leonard J. Arrington and Heidi S. Swinton
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- Holiday video game guide: Something for...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 5