Ladies' summer dresses: $2.25
Pearl buttons: 3 cents each
Men's blue serge suits: $7.38
Dress shirts: $1.98
Children's drawers: 10 and 19 cents
Silk kimonos: $3.35-$6.50
Milk: 2 quarts for $1
Malt cream bread: 4 loaves for a 2-cent stamp
Heating coal: $5.25 per ton
Studebaker touring car: $800
Danderine hair-growth product: $1
Hair-growth product: $1 per bottle
Hotel presidential suite: $6
Sources: Deseret Evening News advertisements and "The Hotel," by Leonard J. Arrington and Heidi S. Swinton
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Lindsey Stirling's London concert to air on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Will Smith's dying...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- The Clean Cut: Disney's 'Frozen Fever'...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The incalculable...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit