On Thursday, June 9, the former Hotel Utah and current Joseph Smith Memorial Building will celebrate 100 years of hospitality.
A commemorative exhibit will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony beginning promptly at 6:30 p.m. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will perform from the mezzanine inside the former hotel's Grand Lobby.
The exhibit will feature items and memories of the Hotel Utah and Joseph Smith Memorial Building and will be on display through mid-September 2011. A portion of a BYU documentary on the building will be shown in the Legacy Theatre.
The public is invited to visit www.hotelutah100.com to share memories, stories and photos of this historic building.
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Would you rather get married earlier,... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2