On Thursday, June 9, the former Hotel Utah and current Joseph Smith Memorial Building will celebrate 100 years of hospitality.
A commemorative exhibit will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony beginning promptly at 6:30 p.m. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will perform from the mezzanine inside the former hotel's Grand Lobby.
The exhibit will feature items and memories of the Hotel Utah and Joseph Smith Memorial Building and will be on display through mid-September 2011. A portion of a BYU documentary on the building will be shown in the Legacy Theatre.
The public is invited to visit www.hotelutah100.com to share memories, stories and photos of this historic building.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 33
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 4