On Thursday, June 9, the former Hotel Utah and current Joseph Smith Memorial Building will celebrate 100 years of hospitality.
A commemorative exhibit will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony beginning promptly at 6:30 p.m. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will perform from the mezzanine inside the former hotel's Grand Lobby.
The exhibit will feature items and memories of the Hotel Utah and Joseph Smith Memorial Building and will be on display through mid-September 2011. A portion of a BYU documentary on the building will be shown in the Legacy Theatre.
The public is invited to visit www.hotelutah100.com to share memories, stories and photos of this historic building.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3