On Thursday, June 9, the former Hotel Utah and current Joseph Smith Memorial Building will celebrate 100 years of hospitality.
A commemorative exhibit will open with a ribbon-cutting ceremony beginning promptly at 6:30 p.m. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will perform from the mezzanine inside the former hotel's Grand Lobby.
The exhibit will feature items and memories of the Hotel Utah and Joseph Smith Memorial Building and will be on display through mid-September 2011. A portion of a BYU documentary on the building will be shown in the Legacy Theatre.
The public is invited to visit www.hotelutah100.com to share memories, stories and photos of this historic building.
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1