Arlington, Texas — Marco Urena scored two goals to help Costa Rica rout Cuba 5-0 on Sunday in the opening match for both teams in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Urena got Costa Rica going with a goal in the 7th minute. Christian Bolanos streaked down the left flank and crossed a pass to Urena who redirected a shot into the right corner from inside 10 yards.
Alvaro Saborio gave Costa Rica a 2-0 lead just before halftime with a goal, and Costa Rica ran away from there, outshooting Cuba with 11 shots on goal to zero.
— Deseret News and wire services
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48