Arlington, Texas — Marco Urena scored two goals to help Costa Rica rout Cuba 5-0 on Sunday in the opening match for both teams in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Urena got Costa Rica going with a goal in the 7th minute. Christian Bolanos streaked down the left flank and crossed a pass to Urena who redirected a shot into the right corner from inside 10 yards.
Alvaro Saborio gave Costa Rica a 2-0 lead just before halftime with a goal, and Costa Rica ran away from there, outshooting Cuba with 11 shots on goal to zero.
— Deseret News and wire services
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 143
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16