Arlington, Texas — Marco Urena scored two goals to help Costa Rica rout Cuba 5-0 on Sunday in the opening match for both teams in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Urena got Costa Rica going with a goal in the 7th minute. Christian Bolanos streaked down the left flank and crossed a pass to Urena who redirected a shot into the right corner from inside 10 yards.
Alvaro Saborio gave Costa Rica a 2-0 lead just before halftime with a goal, and Costa Rica ran away from there, outshooting Cuba with 11 shots on goal to zero.
— Deseret News and wire services
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20