Jeff Benedict, a Deseret News contributor, has written an editorial for the New York Times on the E. coli outbreak in Europe. He discusses the "precarious situation we are in today" and urges the U.S. government to act quickly.
Benedict is the author of Poisoned: The True Story of the Deadly E. Coli Outbreak That Changed the Way Americans Eat. This book chronicles the Jack in the Box E. coli and food poisoning outbreak in the early 1990s that killed four children and made 700 others sick.
Benedict's column, 'A writer's notebook', can be found at deseretnews.com.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 17
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 15