Jeff Benedict, a Deseret News contributor, has written an editorial for the New York Times on the E. coli outbreak in Europe. He discusses the "precarious situation we are in today" and urges the U.S. government to act quickly.
Benedict is the author of Poisoned: The True Story of the Deadly E. Coli Outbreak That Changed the Way Americans Eat. This book chronicles the Jack in the Box E. coli and food poisoning outbreak in the early 1990s that killed four children and made 700 others sick.
Benedict's column, 'A writer's notebook', can be found at deseretnews.com.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14