LOGAN — Utah State football's 2011 season opener at Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 3 will be televised on either ESPN or ESPN2 and will kickoff at 11 a.m. CT at Auburn's Jordan-Hare Stadium, as the Southeastern Conference announced the first three weeks' schedules Thursday at the SEC Spring Meetings.
USU's game against the defending national champions gives the Aggies two nationally televised games, as USU's game at BYU on Friday, Sept. 30 will also be televised by ESPN.
The Aggies will tangle with the Tigers of Auburn for the first time ever and will be USU's first Southeastern Conference opponent since Arkansas in 2006.
The USU-BYU game is one of two games involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. The other telecast that has been announced is Fresno State hosting Boise State in a non-conference game on Friday, Oct. 7. The game will be shown on one of the ESPN networks. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring. The WAC Sports Network will again broadcast several games during the 2011 season. Those selections will also be made at a later date.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45