Kudos to your wonderful editorial in the Voices Section, May 29. It is deplorable that the 2 percent (those who practice same sex according a recent article) "tail" is wagging the 98 percent "dog". The gay alliance can force retribution on those who disdain same sex marriage, but if the opposite were true the gay alliance would cry foul as loudly as anyone. Peter Vidmar is a sad example of what pressures can be brought to bear when one stands up for principle in a meaningful democratic way. We must be able to agree to disagree without fear of retribution on either side.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Letter: Greater security
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Our French Revolution