Kudos to your wonderful editorial in the Voices Section, May 29. It is deplorable that the 2 percent (those who practice same sex according a recent article) "tail" is wagging the 98 percent "dog". The gay alliance can force retribution on those who disdain same sex marriage, but if the opposite were true the gay alliance would cry foul as loudly as anyone. Peter Vidmar is a sad example of what pressures can be brought to bear when one stands up for principle in a meaningful democratic way. We must be able to agree to disagree without fear of retribution on either side.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 34
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19