Kudos to your wonderful editorial in the Voices Section, May 29. It is deplorable that the 2 percent (those who practice same sex according a recent article) "tail" is wagging the 98 percent "dog". The gay alliance can force retribution on those who disdain same sex marriage, but if the opposite were true the gay alliance would cry foul as loudly as anyone. Peter Vidmar is a sad example of what pressures can be brought to bear when one stands up for principle in a meaningful democratic way. We must be able to agree to disagree without fear of retribution on either side.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37