Kudos to your wonderful editorial in the Voices Section, May 29. It is deplorable that the 2 percent (those who practice same sex according a recent article) "tail" is wagging the 98 percent "dog". The gay alliance can force retribution on those who disdain same sex marriage, but if the opposite were true the gay alliance would cry foul as loudly as anyone. Peter Vidmar is a sad example of what pressures can be brought to bear when one stands up for principle in a meaningful democratic way. We must be able to agree to disagree without fear of retribution on either side.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28