Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, is apparently telling associates he will run against Sen. Orrin Hatch in 2012
The Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday in an above-the-fold A1 story that "five Utah politicos, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Chaffetz has told them directly in recent weeks that he will contend for the Republican (senate) nomination."
Club for Growth PAC, a political action committee with the motto "prosperity and opportunity through economic freedom," fired off a press release Wednesday urging Chaffetz to run against Hatch.
"Congressman Chaffetz has been a pro-growth star since entering the House, and he's exactly the type of leader we need in the United States Senate. … Senator Hatch has frequently supported policies that have grown government, burdened our economy, and taken America in the wrong direction. Fiscal conservatives can do better. If Congressman Chaffetz decides to run for the U.S. Senate, he will have the full support of the Club for Growth PAC and our 55,000 members."
EMAIL: email@example.com twitter: askargo
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15