Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, is apparently telling associates he will run against Sen. Orrin Hatch in 2012
The Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday in an above-the-fold A1 story that "five Utah politicos, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Chaffetz has told them directly in recent weeks that he will contend for the Republican (senate) nomination."
Club for Growth PAC, a political action committee with the motto "prosperity and opportunity through economic freedom," fired off a press release Wednesday urging Chaffetz to run against Hatch.
"Congressman Chaffetz has been a pro-growth star since entering the House, and he's exactly the type of leader we need in the United States Senate. … Senator Hatch has frequently supported policies that have grown government, burdened our economy, and taken America in the wrong direction. Fiscal conservatives can do better. If Congressman Chaffetz decides to run for the U.S. Senate, he will have the full support of the Club for Growth PAC and our 55,000 members."
EMAIL: email@example.com twitter: askargo
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 72
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17