I am awestruck by Elizabeth Smart. She has again demonstrated courage and poise by facing Brian David Mitchell. She told her tormentor that he had no control over her life, she had moved on and was happy. This young woman was radiant in every picture I of her saw in the newspapers or on TV. She has, through the grace of God, overcome horrific events.
Elizabeth could have played the victim and wallowed in self-pity; she could have found any number of lawyers to indulge her and of course found someone or some entity to sue. But Elizabeth has quietly moved on with her life while Mitchell slowly ground through the judicial system. Most of us unfortunately choose to grovel and set our sites according to the world's standard. Thank you, Elizabeth, for showing us an unlimited horizon and demonstrating real freedom.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 33
- Letter: Society puzzles 32