I am awestruck by Elizabeth Smart. She has again demonstrated courage and poise by facing Brian David Mitchell. She told her tormentor that he had no control over her life, she had moved on and was happy. This young woman was radiant in every picture I of her saw in the newspapers or on TV. She has, through the grace of God, overcome horrific events.
Elizabeth could have played the victim and wallowed in self-pity; she could have found any number of lawyers to indulge her and of course found someone or some entity to sue. But Elizabeth has quietly moved on with her life while Mitchell slowly ground through the judicial system. Most of us unfortunately choose to grovel and set our sites according to the world's standard. Thank you, Elizabeth, for showing us an unlimited horizon and demonstrating real freedom.
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever 81
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21