I am awestruck by Elizabeth Smart. She has again demonstrated courage and poise by facing Brian David Mitchell. She told her tormentor that he had no control over her life, she had moved on and was happy. This young woman was radiant in every picture I of her saw in the newspapers or on TV. She has, through the grace of God, overcome horrific events.
Elizabeth could have played the victim and wallowed in self-pity; she could have found any number of lawyers to indulge her and of course found someone or some entity to sue. But Elizabeth has quietly moved on with her life while Mitchell slowly ground through the judicial system. Most of us unfortunately choose to grovel and set our sites according to the world's standard. Thank you, Elizabeth, for showing us an unlimited horizon and demonstrating real freedom.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23