I am awestruck by Elizabeth Smart. She has again demonstrated courage and poise by facing Brian David Mitchell. She told her tormentor that he had no control over her life, she had moved on and was happy. This young woman was radiant in every picture I of her saw in the newspapers or on TV. She has, through the grace of God, overcome horrific events.
Elizabeth could have played the victim and wallowed in self-pity; she could have found any number of lawyers to indulge her and of course found someone or some entity to sue. But Elizabeth has quietly moved on with her life while Mitchell slowly ground through the judicial system. Most of us unfortunately choose to grovel and set our sites according to the world's standard. Thank you, Elizabeth, for showing us an unlimited horizon and demonstrating real freedom.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35