MIAMI — LeBron James was preparing to play Game 1 of the NBA finals. Jack Nicklaus was preparing to host this week's Memorial golf tournament.
So on Tuesday morning, what were they doing nearly simultaneously?
Talking about Jim Tressel's resignation from Ohio State, of course.
James is a longtime Buckeyes fan, and Nicklaus played his college golf for Ohio State. On Tuesday, both met with the media before their respective events, and among the very first things each had to discuss was his reaction to Tressel's scandalous departure from the Buckeyes.
James says it's "unfortunate," and Nicklaus notes that even after the cover-up that played a role in Tressel's downfall, he still believes "he's a good man."
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7