MIAMI — LeBron James was preparing to play Game 1 of the NBA finals. Jack Nicklaus was preparing to host this week's Memorial golf tournament.
So on Tuesday morning, what were they doing nearly simultaneously?
Talking about Jim Tressel's resignation from Ohio State, of course.
James is a longtime Buckeyes fan, and Nicklaus played his college golf for Ohio State. On Tuesday, both met with the media before their respective events, and among the very first things each had to discuss was his reaction to Tressel's scandalous departure from the Buckeyes.
James says it's "unfortunate," and Nicklaus notes that even after the cover-up that played a role in Tressel's downfall, he still believes "he's a good man."
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19