I watched the finale of "American Idol" and am happy about the two finalists, Scotty and Lauren. Both are winners in my eyes for their music and wholesome personalities. I was shockingly abused by much of the emotionally unhealthy music presented during the show — and all the immodesty and erotic dancing. I hope Americans realize that immodesty is visual profanity. "American Idol" blocks out verbal profanity. I sure wish they'd had the sense to block out the visual profanity.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14