I watched the finale of "American Idol" and am happy about the two finalists, Scotty and Lauren. Both are winners in my eyes for their music and wholesome personalities. I was shockingly abused by much of the emotionally unhealthy music presented during the show — and all the immodesty and erotic dancing. I hope Americans realize that immodesty is visual profanity. "American Idol" blocks out verbal profanity. I sure wish they'd had the sense to block out the visual profanity.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 71
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Letters: Move to the center 27
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20