Leaders of the Pac: UCLA has won the regular-season title 30 times. California is second with 15, while Arizona and Stanford have won the crown 12 and 11 times, respectively. Washington has won the past two conference tournaments.
Bottom line: Utah's first season in the Pac-12 carries low expectations. The program is rebuilding and enters the upcoming campaign with more questions than answers.
NCAA scholarship max limit: 13
Utah actual award, 2010-11: 12.5
Pac-12 men's basketball programs: Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State.
Note: The University of Utah offers the NCAA maximum for all sports, should the coach want to use them. Numbers reflect not only people who have quit, are cut or withdrawn, but also cases where a coach held back scholarships (or parts of scholarships in the case of the equivalency sports) in one year so that they would have more to use in another year.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 81
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 71
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27