The Democratic stall on the budget spares Democrats from a full slate of politically difficult votes.
Republicans have been blasting Democrats on a daily basis for their failure to produce a budget, saying they're failing to live up to their responsibility as the Senate's majority party.
"At a moment when our debts and deficits threaten the very future of our nation, Democrats have no excuse for proposing no vision of their own," said Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
The top Republican on the Budget panel Sen. Jeff Session of Alabama hasn't offered an alternative, either, though conservative Sens. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., and Rand Paul, R-Ky., have offered stringent plans that are expected to be easily rejected.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- ‘Stay strong,’ says 15-year-old...
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Tiny houses big with consumers seeking...
- Virginia dad plants flag in area between...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 65
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 41
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 32
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least... 27
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 23