We're No. 3!
Children are laughing, flowers blooming, birds taking flight.
All because the Jazz traded away their All-Star guard.
Prospects soared last week when they drew the No. 3 pick in this year's NBA Draft, acquired via the Deron Williams trade.
What that means is they now have a shot at getting an impact player. But it also means they could end up with an All-Star with ugly tattoos and enough attitude to make his coach quit.
Worse yet, they could wind up with an Adam Morrison, another former No. 3 pick.
Still, there's at least one thing can be said for the Jazz: They're getting interesting. For a lot of years, the highlight of draft night was when Bear the mascot appeared.
Then there's the issue of what to do with their other first-round pick.
On the bright side, drafting BYU's Jimmer Fredette at No. 12 would give Utahns another chance to watch the 2011 college Player of the Year.
On the down side, does anyone really want 10 more years of people chanting, "You got Jimm-er-ed!"?
Rock On is no gardener supreme, but last week he bought a soil builder that included chicken manure, rice hulls, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal and oyster shells.
Which, a friend pointed out, is pretty much the same ingredients that go into Rock On.
That was quite the historic game for Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki against Oklahoma City last week: 12-for-15 from the field, 24-for-24 from the line.
You know what they say about German efficiency.
If Rock On owned Audi, he'd sign Nowitzki to an endorsement contract. Jetzt gleich!
C.J. Miles recently hosted a private event for 32 Jazz fans and their guests.
They were among 8,000 entrants in the "C.J. Miles Western Style BBQ Contest."
Sounds like a winner.
Not many current Jazz players know more about getting barbecued than Miles.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- Utah Utes senior Nate Orchard's goal: Improve...
- Utah football fall practice position preview:...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 140
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 105
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 105
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 81
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 53
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30