Steve Job's signature black turtleneck may looks like a clerical collar to some.
The Bishop of Buckingham noted in the documentary how Apple stores even have similarities with chapels, or religious buildings.
"He mentioned that Steve Jobs' product launches can somewhat be compared to religious sermons, and while church-goers look forward to the second coming, he jokingly said the second coming was in 1997 when Steve Jobs came back," said a blog post at blogtechnical.com.
The documentary's host, Alex Riley, convinced the editor of the World of Apple website, Alex Brooks, to have an MRI. While being scanned, Brooks was shown Apple products and his brain had similar reactions to the products as religious people do to religious symbols related to their faith, says a a post at TG Daily.
So, "Is it all a load of hot air?" asks a Knowyourmobile.com post. "Probably not, but the findings do seem pretty obvious. We're sure if you played music to Mozart his brain would react in the same way as someone of deep Christian faith would when shown the Messiah," it continued.
Talk of Apple as a religion is not new. In 2010, gigaom.com posted an article asking, "Is Apple a Cult, Religion or a Brand?" and long before him Umberto Eco compared the Mac vs. Microsoft debate to "The Holy War."
In short, "next time Grandma asks why you're going to the mall on Sunday morning instead of church, tell her you're going to Apple Chapel," said CNN's Mark Millian.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 7