Salt Lake Community College Community Writing Center, 210 E. 400 South, will host a workshop, "Freedom Writers: Are We Still on the Bus?" May 24, 6-8 p.m. The workshop is free, but registration is required. (801-957-2192 or www.slcc.edu/cwc)
The King's English Bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, will host will host a signing with Jeff Benedict, author of "Poisoned," May 24, 7 p.m.
Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville, will host a lecture with Lee Nelson, author of "The Storm of Testaments," May 25, 7-8:30 p.m.
Kimball Junction Library, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., Park City, will host a used book sale, May 26, 5-8 p.m.; May 27, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and May 28, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Barnes and Noble, Sugarhouse, 1104 E. 2100 South, Salt Lake City, will host a signing with Dan Wells and Peter Orullian, May 27, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Barnes and Noble, Jordan Landing, 7157 Plaza Center, West Jordan, will host a signing with Peter Orullian, May 27, 7-9 p.m.
Fielding Garr Ranch, Antelope Island State Park, will host a "Cowboy Legends, Poetry and Music Gathering," May 27-20, times vary. (www.cowboylegendsai.com)
Irreantum, the litereary magazine of the Association for Mormon Letters, is accepting poetry and nonfiction submissions to its 2011 literary contests until May 31. Prizes range from $100-$300. Submissions relating to the Mormon experience will be given preference in judging. Visit irreantum.mormonletters.org for more information.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- New Star Wars tabletop games announced
- Public will soon see 125-million-year-old...
- There's something wonderful about old music
- Utah's One Voice Children's Choir to perform...
- The art of improv: Creating something funny...