CHICAGO — You never can tell how Kyle Korver fared during a game by his demeanor afterward.
In a make-or-miss league, Korver sits at his locker, answering question after question with thoughtful, detailed responses. Late Wednesday, those questions mostly centered on Korver's 1-for-7 shooting, which included missing 4-of-5 attempts from 3-point range.
"It's frustrating for sure," Korver said. "The ball goes in and out, back of the rim. But that's what happens in basketball sometimes."
Korver's wide-open 3-pointer with 3 minutes, 2 seconds remaining and the Bulls down by five rolled around the rim, began to dive in and then spun out, making the crowd groan.
"It never felt like I got into a real good flow at the offensive end," Korver said.
Korver is 2-for-10 in the series, with both makes 3-pointers. He has attempted seven 3-pointers. Overall in the playoffs, Korver is averaging 7.1 points in 18.2 minutes and shooting 44.4 percent on 3-pointers.
"He can't shoot enough for me," coach Tom Thibodeau said recently.
Thibodeau consistently talks about Korver's ability to space the floor even if his shot isn't falling. But the Heat are attacking Korver on defense by often having the player he is guarding set a screen for LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.
"Kyle can guard people just fine," Thibodeau said.
CHARITY GRIPE: The Bulls finished 26th in free-throw percentage during the regular season at .743. Whenever Thibodeau was questioned on the subject, he'd have a similar answer.
"We can get better," he said several times. "And we will."
The Bulls will need to in a series that appears to be a defensive struggle with a premium on scoring. The Bulls missed 10-of-26 attempts in Game 2, with all but Luol Deng (2-for-2), C.J. Watson (2-for-2) and Korver (no attempts) missing at least one. Derrick Rose, an .858 shooter during the regular season, missed 3-of-10.
Series tied, 1-1
Sunday: Chicago 103, Miami 82
Wednesday: Miami 85, Chicago 75
Sunday: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: Miami at Chicago, 6:30 p.m.
x-May 28: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
x-May 30: Miami at Chicago, 6:30 p.m.
x- if necessary
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best Pac-12...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Jazz notebook: Rookie's new wardrobe...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 93
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 41
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 32
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 30
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 24
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best... 23