CHICAGO — You never can tell how Kyle Korver fared during a game by his demeanor afterward.
In a make-or-miss league, Korver sits at his locker, answering question after question with thoughtful, detailed responses. Late Wednesday, those questions mostly centered on Korver's 1-for-7 shooting, which included missing 4-of-5 attempts from 3-point range.
"It's frustrating for sure," Korver said. "The ball goes in and out, back of the rim. But that's what happens in basketball sometimes."
Korver's wide-open 3-pointer with 3 minutes, 2 seconds remaining and the Bulls down by five rolled around the rim, began to dive in and then spun out, making the crowd groan.
"It never felt like I got into a real good flow at the offensive end," Korver said.
Korver is 2-for-10 in the series, with both makes 3-pointers. He has attempted seven 3-pointers. Overall in the playoffs, Korver is averaging 7.1 points in 18.2 minutes and shooting 44.4 percent on 3-pointers.
"He can't shoot enough for me," coach Tom Thibodeau said recently.
Thibodeau consistently talks about Korver's ability to space the floor even if his shot isn't falling. But the Heat are attacking Korver on defense by often having the player he is guarding set a screen for LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.
"Kyle can guard people just fine," Thibodeau said.
CHARITY GRIPE: The Bulls finished 26th in free-throw percentage during the regular season at .743. Whenever Thibodeau was questioned on the subject, he'd have a similar answer.
"We can get better," he said several times. "And we will."
The Bulls will need to in a series that appears to be a defensive struggle with a premium on scoring. The Bulls missed 10-of-26 attempts in Game 2, with all but Luol Deng (2-for-2), C.J. Watson (2-for-2) and Korver (no attempts) missing at least one. Derrick Rose, an .858 shooter during the regular season, missed 3-of-10.
Series tied, 1-1
Sunday: Chicago 103, Miami 82
Wednesday: Miami 85, Chicago 75
Sunday: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: Miami at Chicago, 6:30 p.m.
x-May 28: Chicago at Miami, 6:30 p.m.
x-May 30: Miami at Chicago, 6:30 p.m.
x- if necessary
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41