I have been reading for several months about how Mitt Romney's health-care plan and Obamacare are the same thing. Are you kidding me? Romney's plan is the quintessential state effort to overcome a problem found within Massachusetts.
Obamacare is another federal power grab, which does not cover all the people, penalizes would-be-non-participants, stifles the medical industry and essentially federalizes the entire healthcare industry. Sorry folks, but these are not the same plan and especially not for the same reason.
It is because Romney as a governor chose to take on this issue as a state issue that he shows his conservative strength. The state level is where we experiment to find out what works. Then we share our experiences with other states, keeping the federal government out of the process.
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Dangerous societal focus
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19