I have been reading for several months about how Mitt Romney's health-care plan and Obamacare are the same thing. Are you kidding me? Romney's plan is the quintessential state effort to overcome a problem found within Massachusetts.
Obamacare is another federal power grab, which does not cover all the people, penalizes would-be-non-participants, stifles the medical industry and essentially federalizes the entire healthcare industry. Sorry folks, but these are not the same plan and especially not for the same reason.
It is because Romney as a governor chose to take on this issue as a state issue that he shows his conservative strength. The state level is where we experiment to find out what works. Then we share our experiences with other states, keeping the federal government out of the process.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17