I have been reading for several months about how Mitt Romney's health-care plan and Obamacare are the same thing. Are you kidding me? Romney's plan is the quintessential state effort to overcome a problem found within Massachusetts.
Obamacare is another federal power grab, which does not cover all the people, penalizes would-be-non-participants, stifles the medical industry and essentially federalizes the entire healthcare industry. Sorry folks, but these are not the same plan and especially not for the same reason.
It is because Romney as a governor chose to take on this issue as a state issue that he shows his conservative strength. The state level is where we experiment to find out what works. Then we share our experiences with other states, keeping the federal government out of the process.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- My view: History reveals some correct beliefs...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Letter: Next president?
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28