I have been reading for several months about how Mitt Romney's health-care plan and Obamacare are the same thing. Are you kidding me? Romney's plan is the quintessential state effort to overcome a problem found within Massachusetts.
Obamacare is another federal power grab, which does not cover all the people, penalizes would-be-non-participants, stifles the medical industry and essentially federalizes the entire healthcare industry. Sorry folks, but these are not the same plan and especially not for the same reason.
It is because Romney as a governor chose to take on this issue as a state issue that he shows his conservative strength. The state level is where we experiment to find out what works. Then we share our experiences with other states, keeping the federal government out of the process.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 110
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 47
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 47
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33