I have been reading for several months about how Mitt Romney's health-care plan and Obamacare are the same thing. Are you kidding me? Romney's plan is the quintessential state effort to overcome a problem found within Massachusetts.
Obamacare is another federal power grab, which does not cover all the people, penalizes would-be-non-participants, stifles the medical industry and essentially federalizes the entire healthcare industry. Sorry folks, but these are not the same plan and especially not for the same reason.
It is because Romney as a governor chose to take on this issue as a state issue that he shows his conservative strength. The state level is where we experiment to find out what works. Then we share our experiences with other states, keeping the federal government out of the process.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 25
- President should not act without... 24