MINNEAPOLIS — GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and his wife Callista were hit with glittery confetti by a protester Tuesday during the couple's appearance at a book-signing.
The man approached the Gingriches during the signing at a downtown Minneapolis hotel, dumped a cracker box full of colorful confetti on the pair and said, "Feel the rainbow, Newt! Stop the hate! Stop anti-gay politics!"
Two Associated Press reporters witnessed the event. The man was quickly pushed out of the room.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa from Australia to S....
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Key developments in the case of slain NYPD...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 7
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6