MINNEAPOLIS — GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and his wife Callista were hit with glittery confetti by a protester Tuesday during the couple's appearance at a book-signing.
The man approached the Gingriches during the signing at a downtown Minneapolis hotel, dumped a cracker box full of colorful confetti on the pair and said, "Feel the rainbow, Newt! Stop the hate! Stop anti-gay politics!"
Two Associated Press reporters witnessed the event. The man was quickly pushed out of the room.
- Photos of unicyclist riding in Utah snowstorm...
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached
- Spending habits of families receiving public...
- Obamacare chaos now spreads to individual...
- Wage gap between men and women almost closed...
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for America
- Dear Santa: Funny and touching Christmas...
- Geographers map out the seven deadly sins
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 143
- New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage 43
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after... 36
- Spending habits of families receiving... 33
- Can this marriage be saved? Republican... 30
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 24
- Associated Press survey: United States... 21
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year... 20