Like his father, Mitt Romney is fast becoming a footnote in presidential politics. To gain credibility in his bid for the Republican nomination in the 1960s, George Romney made a visit to Vietnam. Upon returning to the U.S., he made a dumb statement saying he had been brainwashed by the U.S. generals during their briefings on the war. His opponents used this statement against him saying that the U.S. can't elect such a weak minded person as president. He never won the nomination.
Mitt Romney has made an equally dumb statement defending his Massachusetts medical care plan which, like Obamacare, mandates that everyone buy health insurance. Mitt's distinction that each state should choose its own plan will not resonate with the Republican party and particularly the tea party, who are making Obamacare a major issue in the 2012 election. Romneycare and Obamacare appear to be too similar. With this statement, Mitt has cooked his goose and his chances for the nomination.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13