Saving old buildings creates more jobs than new construction, saves energy, says PlaceEconomics' Don Rypkema
Adaptive use: Housing Authority of Salt Lake City for the Stanley F. Taylor House.
Compatible addition: Thomas Carter for addition to 1762 Michigan Avenue.
Stabilization, restoration or renovation: City Creek Reserve for the Deseret Savings/First Security Bank Building; Dixie National Forest for the Pine Valley Guard Station; City of Fairview for the Peterson Dance Hall; Ron Henriksen for 1467 Penrose Drive; LaPorte Group for the Avalon House in Helper; LaPorte Group for the Newhouse Apartments in Price; Judy and Rufus Lohmueller for the Carroll Building in Ogden; Park City Municipal Corporation for the Marsac Building; Tracy Aviary for the Calvin D. Wilson South American Pavilion.
Organization: Weber County Heritage Foundation.
Individual: George R. Cannon, St. George.
Lucybeth Rampton Lifetime Achievement: Rob White, Salt Lake City.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Bodies of couple killed in rock slide recovered
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9