Saving old buildings creates more jobs than new construction, saves energy, says PlaceEconomics' Don Rypkema
Adaptive use: Housing Authority of Salt Lake City for the Stanley F. Taylor House.
Compatible addition: Thomas Carter for addition to 1762 Michigan Avenue.
Stabilization, restoration or renovation: City Creek Reserve for the Deseret Savings/First Security Bank Building; Dixie National Forest for the Pine Valley Guard Station; City of Fairview for the Peterson Dance Hall; Ron Henriksen for 1467 Penrose Drive; LaPorte Group for the Avalon House in Helper; LaPorte Group for the Newhouse Apartments in Price; Judy and Rufus Lohmueller for the Carroll Building in Ogden; Park City Municipal Corporation for the Marsac Building; Tracy Aviary for the Calvin D. Wilson South American Pavilion.
Organization: Weber County Heritage Foundation.
Individual: George R. Cannon, St. George.
Lucybeth Rampton Lifetime Achievement: Rob White, Salt Lake City.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11