GLENDALE, Colo. — The BYU Cougars advanced in the College Premier Division championship by beating Arkansas State 36-15 on Saturday night.
BYU will play Cal in title game on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Rio Tinto Stadium.
The upcoming championship appearance will be BYU's sixth consecutive since 2006, with a lone victory coming in 2009 for the program's first national championship. Last year, the Cougars lost a heated championship bout 19-7 to Cal Berkeley.
BYU's sixth straight championship game is no small accomplishment, as only the historically vaunted Cal Berkeley team can claim such a stat with 12 straight coming from 1991-2002 and a current streak of eight straight since 2004.
But the Cougars' sixth championship appearance will take on added significance since it will be the first to be held in the state of Utah.
In Saturday's other semifinal game, Cal Berkeley dominated the University of Utah 62-14.
Utah finished its season with a 13-3 record, while undefeated Cal Berkeley is now 25-0.
The championship game will be broadcast live on ESPN3.com and tape-delayed broadcast on ESPNU on May 22, at 8 a.m.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20