WASHINGTON — Campaign aides say Texas Rep. Ron Paul will run for president for a third time.
Aides said Paul will announce those plans on Friday while in New Hampshire. He formed a campaign exploratory committee last month.
The aides would speak only on background because the announcement is not yet official.
Paul ran for president in 1988 as a Libertarian and sought the Republican nomination in 2008. He amassed a large following with his libertarian views but it didn't translate into a significant number of delegates.
He calls for dramatically reducing government spending and scaling back management of the economy.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Private actions are company business
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 21
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9