Jeff Simpson, current chief operating officer of KSL Broadcasting, accepted position as chief executive officer of Bonneville international on May 11.
"I am humbled and grateful for this new opportunity," said Simpson. "Bonneville's ongoing success reflects not only the capabilities of my predecessors but the strength and insight of our in-market lead leadership."
Bonneville International sold 17 of its stations in Washington, D.C., Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati for $505 million on April 30.
The company's former CEO, Bruce Reese, joined Hubbard Broadcasting as part of a sale agreement.
Simpson will oversee radio stations in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and Salt Lake City along with his responsibilities at KSL.
Simpson said he will "travel a bit more" and "add more to [his] plate", but doesn't think that his new workload will be a problem because of "great market management" in both companies.
Bonneville leaders are excited about the change.
"With Jeff's diverse background across multiple media platforms and his ability to foster growth within organizations, he is an ideal fit to lead Bonneville," said Carl Gardner, Vice President and Market Manager for Bonneville's Seattle Radio Group.
Simpson diverse resume includes Disney Television, his own company Excel Entertainment Group and Deseret Book.
This is the second position change this year for DMC. Con Psarras became DMC's vice president of editorials and special projects and Tanya Vea moved in as vice president of news and cross-platform development on Jan 4, 2011.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Pilot sentenced for groping teenage girl on...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 62
- Republican, Democratic political... 47
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 26
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19