Jeff Simpson, current chief operating officer of KSL Broadcasting, accepted position as chief executive officer of Bonneville international on May 11.
"I am humbled and grateful for this new opportunity," said Simpson. "Bonneville's ongoing success reflects not only the capabilities of my predecessors but the strength and insight of our in-market lead leadership."
Bonneville International sold 17 of its stations in Washington, D.C., Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati for $505 million on April 30.
The company's former CEO, Bruce Reese, joined Hubbard Broadcasting as part of a sale agreement.
Simpson will oversee radio stations in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and Salt Lake City along with his responsibilities at KSL.
Simpson said he will "travel a bit more" and "add more to [his] plate", but doesn't think that his new workload will be a problem because of "great market management" in both companies.
Bonneville leaders are excited about the change.
"With Jeff's diverse background across multiple media platforms and his ability to foster growth within organizations, he is an ideal fit to lead Bonneville," said Carl Gardner, Vice President and Market Manager for Bonneville's Seattle Radio Group.
Simpson diverse resume includes Disney Television, his own company Excel Entertainment Group and Deseret Book.
This is the second position change this year for DMC. Con Psarras became DMC's vice president of editorials and special projects and Tanya Vea moved in as vice president of news and cross-platform development on Jan 4, 2011.
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- 26-year-old Provo woman missing since...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 62
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 9