Tony Gutierrez, Associated Press
The Big 12 takes on a new look in men's basketball next season, and not just because Nebraska and Colorado are leaving.
Four teams will have new head coaches. Underclassman declarations for the NBA draft will cost Texas and Kansas three players apiece.
The coaching shake-up is the most significant in the conference since 2006, when six schools had first-year coaches. Only the Atlantic Coast Conference has had as many coaching changes this year.
Texas loses Jordan Hamilton, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph to NBA draft declarations. Kansas loses Marcus and Markieff Morris along with young standout Josh Selby.
Jayhawks coach Bill Self said Baylor and Texas A&M, which is looking for a new coach, should be the preseason favorites.
AP Sports Writer Doug Tucker in Kansas City, Mo., contributed to this report.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43