AUSTIN, Texas — Texas players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are ending their college careers by keeping their names in the NBA draft.
Thompson and Joseph were freshmen last season. They join teammate Jordan Hamilton in leaving the Longhorns early for the NBA.
That leaves Texas without three starters from the team that rose to No. 3 in the nation and challenged Kansas for the Big 12 title last season.
Thompson was the Big 12 freshman of the year last season. He and Joseph had left open the possibility they could return next season.
College players had until midnight Sunday night to withdraw from the draft to remain eligible.
Texas has one of the top-ranked recruiting classes coming in for next season, highlighted by guard Myck Kabongo.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 39