AUSTIN, Texas — Texas players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are ending their college careers by keeping their names in the NBA draft.
Thompson and Joseph were freshmen last season. They join teammate Jordan Hamilton in leaving the Longhorns early for the NBA.
That leaves Texas without three starters from the team that rose to No. 3 in the nation and challenged Kansas for the Big 12 title last season.
Thompson was the Big 12 freshman of the year last season. He and Joseph had left open the possibility they could return next season.
College players had until midnight Sunday night to withdraw from the draft to remain eligible.
Texas has one of the top-ranked recruiting classes coming in for next season, highlighted by guard Myck Kabongo.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24