AUSTIN, Texas — Texas players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are ending their college careers by keeping their names in the NBA draft.
Thompson and Joseph were freshmen last season. They join teammate Jordan Hamilton in leaving the Longhorns early for the NBA.
That leaves Texas without three starters from the team that rose to No. 3 in the nation and challenged Kansas for the Big 12 title last season.
Thompson was the Big 12 freshman of the year last season. He and Joseph had left open the possibility they could return next season.
College players had until midnight Sunday night to withdraw from the draft to remain eligible.
Texas has one of the top-ranked recruiting classes coming in for next season, highlighted by guard Myck Kabongo.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21