AUSTIN, Texas — Texas players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are ending their college careers by keeping their names in the NBA draft.
Thompson and Joseph were freshmen last season. They join teammate Jordan Hamilton in leaving the Longhorns early for the NBA.
That leaves Texas without three starters from the team that rose to No. 3 in the nation and challenged Kansas for the Big 12 title last season.
Thompson was the Big 12 freshman of the year last season. He and Joseph had left open the possibility they could return next season.
College players had until midnight Sunday night to withdraw from the draft to remain eligible.
Texas has one of the top-ranked recruiting classes coming in for next season, highlighted by guard Myck Kabongo.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48