AUSTIN, Texas — Texas players Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph are ending their college careers by keeping their names in the NBA draft.
Thompson and Joseph were freshmen last season. They join teammate Jordan Hamilton in leaving the Longhorns early for the NBA.
That leaves Texas without three starters from the team that rose to No. 3 in the nation and challenged Kansas for the Big 12 title last season.
Thompson was the Big 12 freshman of the year last season. He and Joseph had left open the possibility they could return next season.
College players had until midnight Sunday night to withdraw from the draft to remain eligible.
Texas has one of the top-ranked recruiting classes coming in for next season, highlighted by guard Myck Kabongo.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22