While attending the recent Real Salt Lake game vs. Monterrey, I was seated by both Monterrey and Real supporters. As is customary, before the start of the game, the national anthem was played. While standing and facing the flag, I took the opportunity to notice some of those around and noticed that there were many that did not participate in this and showed very little if any respect at all for our country that offers so many freedoms. I would expect that all individuals that live in this country show some respect when the national anthem is played.
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- Letters: Dismantle IRS
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21