While attending the recent Real Salt Lake game vs. Monterrey, I was seated by both Monterrey and Real supporters. As is customary, before the start of the game, the national anthem was played. While standing and facing the flag, I took the opportunity to notice some of those around and noticed that there were many that did not participate in this and showed very little if any respect at all for our country that offers so many freedoms. I would expect that all individuals that live in this country show some respect when the national anthem is played.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31