While attending the recent Real Salt Lake game vs. Monterrey, I was seated by both Monterrey and Real supporters. As is customary, before the start of the game, the national anthem was played. While standing and facing the flag, I took the opportunity to notice some of those around and noticed that there were many that did not participate in this and showed very little if any respect at all for our country that offers so many freedoms. I would expect that all individuals that live in this country show some respect when the national anthem is played.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 44
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 16