Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Jay Bruce pulled a double just inside first base, completing Cincinnati's three-run rally off closer Brandon Lyon in the ninth inning for a 3-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday afternoon.
Lyon (3-2) came on to try to finish off a one-hitter, but failed to retire any of the five batters he faced while blowing a save for the fourth time in eight chances.
Singles by Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips tied it. Bruce then pulled his double down the line, setting off a celebration in the infield. After falling below .500 for the first time in nearly a year, Cincinnati had rallied to get back to break-even at 15-15.
Francisco Cordero (2-0) pitched the ninth for the win.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28