Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Jay Bruce pulled a double just inside first base, completing Cincinnati's three-run rally off closer Brandon Lyon in the ninth inning for a 3-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday afternoon.
Lyon (3-2) came on to try to finish off a one-hitter, but failed to retire any of the five batters he faced while blowing a save for the fourth time in eight chances.
Singles by Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips tied it. Bruce then pulled his double down the line, setting off a celebration in the infield. After falling below .500 for the first time in nearly a year, Cincinnati had rallied to get back to break-even at 15-15.
Francisco Cordero (2-0) pitched the ninth for the win.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 35
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7