Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Jay Bruce pulled a double just inside first base, completing Cincinnati's three-run rally off closer Brandon Lyon in the ninth inning for a 3-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday afternoon.
Lyon (3-2) came on to try to finish off a one-hitter, but failed to retire any of the five batters he faced while blowing a save for the fourth time in eight chances.
Singles by Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips tied it. Bruce then pulled his double down the line, setting off a celebration in the infield. After falling below .500 for the first time in nearly a year, Cincinnati had rallied to get back to break-even at 15-15.
Francisco Cordero (2-0) pitched the ninth for the win.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34