Al Behrman, Associated Press
CINCINNATI — Jay Bruce pulled a double just inside first base, completing Cincinnati's three-run rally off closer Brandon Lyon in the ninth inning for a 3-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday afternoon.
Lyon (3-2) came on to try to finish off a one-hitter, but failed to retire any of the five batters he faced while blowing a save for the fourth time in eight chances.
Singles by Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips tied it. Bruce then pulled his double down the line, setting off a celebration in the infield. After falling below .500 for the first time in nearly a year, Cincinnati had rallied to get back to break-even at 15-15.
Francisco Cordero (2-0) pitched the ninth for the win.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 146
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16