J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — An aide to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says the lawmaker suffered a dislocated shoulder and has a bump over his left eye after he fell on Wednesday.
Spokesman Jon Summers said Reid went outside to exercise on a rainy day, put his hand on a wet surface and slipped. The Nevada Democrat was treated at George Washington Hospital and released.
Summers said the 71-year-old Reid planned to go to work as usual on Wednesday.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Top 15 states for education
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6