BYU basketball: Jimmer Fredette signs with Octagon for agency
BYU guard Jimmer Fredette, the consensus national player of the year, has selected an agent.
Fredette has agreed to sign with Octagon, according to Yahoo! Sports, with agents Jeff Austin and Chris Emens set to represent him.
It was a process that started with about 25 agencies looking to sign Fredette. The list was whittled down to five last week before Fredette made his decision.
Nearly every major agency tried to sign Fredette, who became a national superstar this past season. Known around the country as simply "Jimmer," Fredette is expected to be drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft on June 23. Fredette led the nation in scoring and helped guide the Cougars to a 32-5 record and their first trip to the Sweet 16 since 1981.
Among Octagon's clients include New Orleans' Chris Paul, Memphis' Rudy Gay and Atlanta's Kirk Hinrich. Swimmer Michael Phelps, who has won 16 Olympic medals, is also a Octagon client.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 28
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25