BYU basketball: Jimmer Fredette signs with Octagon for agency
BYU guard Jimmer Fredette, the consensus national player of the year, has selected an agent.
Fredette has agreed to sign with Octagon, according to Yahoo! Sports, with agents Jeff Austin and Chris Emens set to represent him.
It was a process that started with about 25 agencies looking to sign Fredette. The list was whittled down to five last week before Fredette made his decision.
Nearly every major agency tried to sign Fredette, who became a national superstar this past season. Known around the country as simply "Jimmer," Fredette is expected to be drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft on June 23. Fredette led the nation in scoring and helped guide the Cougars to a 32-5 record and their first trip to the Sweet 16 since 1981.
Among Octagon's clients include New Orleans' Chris Paul, Memphis' Rudy Gay and Atlanta's Kirk Hinrich. Swimmer Michael Phelps, who has won 16 Olympic medals, is also a Octagon client.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33