LOGAN — Individuals must "come to the knowledge" of their Redeemer, Rosemary M. Wixom, Primary general president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints told young adults during the Church Educational System broadcast originating from the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum center on the Utah State University campus in Logan on Sunday evening.
"Now is the time," she said. "If you have not already done so, now is the time to seek the place where you can come to the knowledge of your Redeemer."
It is through the efforts of each individual that they will come to know their Savior, Wixom said. As individuals put forth an effort, the Savior will help. Wixom shared four questions to help individuals come to the knowledge of their Savior.
1. How will I come to know the Spirit of the Holy Ghost?
Drawing from the Book of Mormon, Wixom shared the story of the sons of Mosiah coming to know the Spirit of the Holy Ghost after searching the scriptures diligently, prayer and fasting.
"These were ordinary young men who had remarkable courage because of the Holy Ghost and a desire to know the word of God," she said. "When you invite the Spirit of the Holy Ghost into your life and you live worthy of it, it will always be with you."
2. How will I come to know the Book of Mormon is true?
Wixom told a story of how Elder Clayton M. Christensen, a Harvard Business School professor, gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon through studying the Book of Mormon for an hour daily.
"Coming to know the truth comes with effort," she said. "And the more effort we give, the greater the reward."
3. How will I come to know the personal plan Heavenly Father has for me?
"Each of us is mapping our own route," Wixom said. "We are different. Our personalities, talents and physical and emotional attributes vary. Some are God-given. Much comes from personal discipline. Our desires can conquer our frailties. … You make a plan and you live it the best you can. There will be detours. A bridge may be out here, you may encounter occasional road blocks there, or you may wander and get lost, but you can return to the path."
4. How will I come to know the Father and his beloved Son?
"To come to know the Father and His Son is the purpose of our existence," she said. "The adversary desires that we do not come to know God. He also desires that we be past feeling, confused and surrounded by noise, distractions, and anything that will prevent those quiet moments when we personally seek the Lord. … Only we can create time enough to know the Lord.
"It is through coming to know the Holy Ghost, truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the plan for salvation that individuals are able to truly 'come to know' of the Savior.
"We come to know the Savior when we allow Him into our lives," she said. "We are more eager to forgive and more willing to serve. When our hearts are open and receptive, we become more like him. It is then that we discover that he has been with us all the time. We are at peace. Our trials are no longer burdens, but blessings, because they paved the path that took us to him."
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Woman who drank toxic tea credits God, family...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Many questions remain in case of baby found...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 40
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 30
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22