LOS ANGELES — The filmmakers behind the war-on-terror drama "The Hurt Locker" are moving forward with an action thriller about the hunt for Osama bin Laden.
Director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal have had the bin Laden project in the works, and now that the al-Qaeda leader has been killed, a person close to the filmmakers said Monday that the film is more relevant than ever.
The film will center on the Black Ops pursuit of bin Laden, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to talk about project's status.
U.S. forces have hunted bin Laden since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks nearly 10 years ago. A team of Navy SEALs shot and killed bin Laden early Monday at a compound in Pakistan.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1