MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann is expressing her gratitude to the U.S. military and intelligence community after the death of Osama bin Laden.
The Republican from Minnesota says their "persistence and dedicated service has yielded success in a mission that has gripped our nation since the terrible events of 9/11."
The possible presidential hopeful says that while bin Laden's death "does not end the threat posed by terrorists," she hopes "this is the beginning of the end of Sharia-compliant terrorism."
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 24
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14