MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann is expressing her gratitude to the U.S. military and intelligence community after the death of Osama bin Laden.
The Republican from Minnesota says their "persistence and dedicated service has yielded success in a mission that has gripped our nation since the terrible events of 9/11."
The possible presidential hopeful says that while bin Laden's death "does not end the threat posed by terrorists," she hopes "this is the beginning of the end of Sharia-compliant terrorism."
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14