MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — GOP presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty is calling Osama bin Laden's death "terrific news for freedom and justice."
Pawlenty issued a statement saying the news fulfills the promise made by President George W. Bush after the Sept. 11 attacks that the U.S. would bring bin Laden to justice.
The former governor of Minnesota also congratulated Obama "for a job well done."
Pawlenty also said, "America will never shrink from the fight and ultimately those who seek to harm us face only defeat. Today, justice is done, but the fight against radical Islamic terrorism is not yet over."
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on...
- Latest on flooding: Body of missing Texas...
- Photo gallery: Aerial views of floodwaters in...
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 36
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- Administration asks skeptical judge to... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 9
- Obama urges Senate to renew... 7