MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — GOP presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty is calling Osama bin Laden's death "terrific news for freedom and justice."
Pawlenty issued a statement saying the news fulfills the promise made by President George W. Bush after the Sept. 11 attacks that the U.S. would bring bin Laden to justice.
The former governor of Minnesota also congratulated Obama "for a job well done."
Pawlenty also said, "America will never shrink from the fight and ultimately those who seek to harm us face only defeat. Today, justice is done, but the fight against radical Islamic terrorism is not yet over."
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 41
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 15
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12