MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — GOP presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty is calling Osama bin Laden's death "terrific news for freedom and justice."
Pawlenty issued a statement saying the news fulfills the promise made by President George W. Bush after the Sept. 11 attacks that the U.S. would bring bin Laden to justice.
The former governor of Minnesota also congratulated Obama "for a job well done."
Pawlenty also said, "America will never shrink from the fight and ultimately those who seek to harm us face only defeat. Today, justice is done, but the fight against radical Islamic terrorism is not yet over."
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4