MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — GOP presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty is calling Osama bin Laden's death "terrific news for freedom and justice."
Pawlenty issued a statement saying the news fulfills the promise made by President George W. Bush after the Sept. 11 attacks that the U.S. would bring bin Laden to justice.
The former governor of Minnesota also congratulated Obama "for a job well done."
Pawlenty also said, "America will never shrink from the fight and ultimately those who seek to harm us face only defeat. Today, justice is done, but the fight against radical Islamic terrorism is not yet over."
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14