BOISE, Idaho (AP) — U.S. Sen. Jim Risch says the death of Osama bin Laden is good for America and vindication for the Sept. terrorist attacks led by Al-Qaida.
The Idaho Republican told KTVB-TV the operation that led to bin-Laden's death sends a message that America is committed to justice — no matter how long it takes.
President Obama said Sunday that a small team of Americans carried out an attack in Pakistan and took custody of bin Laden's remains.
Risch, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, says bin-Laden's death also means America must be cautious about Al-Qaida-led reprisals.
U.S. Rep. Mike Simpson said while the news is worth celebrating, it is important to remember the victims of terrorism.
U.S. Rep. Raul Labrador told KTVB now is the time for the U.S. to begin pulling out of Afghanistan.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 19
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8