The Utah Jazz claimed a 101-93 win over the Phoenix Suns in Game 4 of their first-round playoff series, moving the Jazz into the second round of the NBA playoffs for the first time since 1988.
The Jazz, who had suffered first-round playoff exits in four of the previous five years, will go up against the Portland Trail Blazers in the second round.
"For this organization," said Karl Malone, "this is as big a win as I've been a part of. Finally, we got the monkey off our backs."
Malone tied his career playoff-high with 38 points and also collected 13 rebounds in the series-clincher. Jeff Malone overcame an 0-for-10 shooting start to finish with 19 points, and Mike Brown added 12 points and eight rebounds off the Jazz bench.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49