"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes in the sanctity of human life. Therefore, the Church opposes elective abortion for personal or social convenience, and counsels its members not to submit to, perform, encourage, pay for, or arrange for such abortions.
The Church allows for possible exceptions for its members when:
Pregnancy results from rape or incest, or
A competent physician determines that the life or health of the mother is in serious jeopardy, or
A competent physician determines that the fetus has severe defects that will not allow the baby to survive beyond birth.
The Church teaches its members that even these rare exceptions do not justify abortion automatically. Abortion is a most serious matter and should be considered only after the persons involved have consulted with their local church leaders and feel through personal prayer that their decision is correct."
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22