"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes in the sanctity of human life. Therefore, the Church opposes elective abortion for personal or social convenience, and counsels its members not to submit to, perform, encourage, pay for, or arrange for such abortions.
The Church allows for possible exceptions for its members when:
Pregnancy results from rape or incest, or
A competent physician determines that the life or health of the mother is in serious jeopardy, or
A competent physician determines that the fetus has severe defects that will not allow the baby to survive beyond birth.
The Church teaches its members that even these rare exceptions do not justify abortion automatically. Abortion is a most serious matter and should be considered only after the persons involved have consulted with their local church leaders and feel through personal prayer that their decision is correct."
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 16
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7