NFL, Ben Liebenberg, Associated Press
DAVIE, Fla. — Running back Daniel Thomas of Kansas State has been taken by the Miami Dolphins in the second round of the NFL draft.
The Dolphins made a trade with the Washington Redskins to move up in the draft and select Thomas.
The 6-foot, 230-pound Thomas ran for 2,850 yards and 30 touchdowns the past two seasons. Miami was in the need of help at running back because Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams both become free agents this offseason.
Thomas is a native of Hilliard, Fla. The Dolphins also took a Floridian in the first round — Florida Gators center Mike Pouncey of Lakeland.
To acquire the second-round pick, Miami gave up selections in the third, fifth and seventh rounds.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34