The Florida Times-Union, Bob Self, Associated Press
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Blaine Gabbert held up his No. 11 jersey, posed for pictures, then said all the right things during his first day with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
If he shows as much poise in the pocket, the Jaguars will have their franchise quarterback.
Jacksonville traded up six spots to select the former Missouri star with the 10th pick in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night. Gabbert took a private jet to Jacksonville on Friday, met with team owner Wayne Weaver, general manager Gene Smith and coach Jack Del Rio, went through the playbook, then held his introductory news conference.
Gabbert can only hope the rest of his tenure goes as smoothly.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15