The Florida Times-Union, Bob Self, Associated Press
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Blaine Gabbert held up his No. 11 jersey, posed for pictures, then said all the right things during his first day with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
If he shows as much poise in the pocket, the Jaguars will have their franchise quarterback.
Jacksonville traded up six spots to select the former Missouri star with the 10th pick in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night. Gabbert took a private jet to Jacksonville on Friday, met with team owner Wayne Weaver, general manager Gene Smith and coach Jack Del Rio, went through the playbook, then held his introductory news conference.
Gabbert can only hope the rest of his tenure goes as smoothly.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20