Football is a family passion for Cards' top pick Patrick Peterson
Matt York, Associated Press
TEMPE, Ariz. — Football is a family passion for Patrick Peterson.
With four cousins in the NFL, the cornerback from LSU brings a handsome pedigree to the game, no doubt a reason he grew into the player Arizona chose with the fifth overall pick in the draft.
A day after the selection, Peterson was in Arizona on Friday to meet with Cardinals officials, talk to reporters and pose for photographs with his Cardinals jersey.
He was asked about his fierce competitiveness within the family, with cousins Bryant and Walter McFadden on his father's side and Santana and Sinorice Moss on his mother's. So how did he fare in those competitions?
Of course, he said, "I was always the best."
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- High school boys basketball: Pine View wins...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 95
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29