Football is a family passion for Cards' top pick Patrick Peterson
Matt York, Associated Press
TEMPE, Ariz. — Football is a family passion for Patrick Peterson.
With four cousins in the NFL, the cornerback from LSU brings a handsome pedigree to the game, no doubt a reason he grew into the player Arizona chose with the fifth overall pick in the draft.
A day after the selection, Peterson was in Arizona on Friday to meet with Cardinals officials, talk to reporters and pose for photographs with his Cardinals jersey.
He was asked about his fierce competitiveness within the family, with cousins Bryant and Walter McFadden on his father's side and Santana and Sinorice Moss on his mother's. So how did he fare in those competitions?
Of course, he said, "I was always the best."
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18