Angel Sanchez and Hunter Pence both singled to load the bases and set up Hall's one-out winner.
Lance Berkman put the Cardinals on top 5-4 with a ninth-inning RBI double off Brandon Lyon (2-1) before Hall ruined his homecoming.
Lyon allowed two hits and a run in the ninth for the win.
Pence homered and Chris Johnson drove in a pair of runs for Houston.
GIANTS 3, PIRATES 2, 10 INNINGS: At Pittsburgh, Darren Ford scored on a fielder's choice in the 10th inning and came home with the tying run as a pinch runner in the eighth, helping San Francisco snap a season-high four-game losing streak.
The Giants scored all their runs on plays that did not involve a hit.
Ford, a rookie without a hit in the majors, reached in the 10th when Nate Schierholtz — who led off with a double — was thrown out at third on Ford's sacrifice attempt. But Ford went from first to third on an errant pickoff throw by Joel Hanrahan (0-1).
DIAMONDBACKS 7, PHILLIES 5: At Phoenix, Daniel Hudson doubled in two runs to help earn his first victory of the season and Arizona ended Roy Oswalt's string of 10 consecutive winning decisions by beating Philadelphia Oswalt (3-1) lasted just three innings, allowing five runs on six hits with no strikeouts and one walk. The right-hander had given up five runs in 24 innings in his first four starts this season and had not been the losing pitcher since a July 30, 2010, outing at Washington.
BRAVES 8, PADRES 2: At San Diego, David Ross hit two home runs and Jair Jurrjens threw his first complete game in Atlanta's win over San Diego.
Chipper Jones hit a two-run homer in the first inning to tie Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle for second place among switch hitters with 1,509 RBIs.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19