Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Bill Hall's ninth-inning RBI single gave the Houston Astros a 6-5 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night.
Brian Bogusevic came home on a wild pitch by closer Mitchell Boggs (0-1) earlier in the inning. He singled before advancing taking second on a passed ball. Michael Bourn bunted and reached first on an error by Boggs that got Bogusevic to third to set up the score.
Angel Sanchez and Hunter Pence both singled to load the bases and set up Hall's one-out winner.
Lance Berkman put the Cardinals on top 5-4 with a ninth-inning RBI double off Brandon Lyon (2-1) before Hall ruined his homecoming.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 47
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 29