Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Bill Hall's ninth-inning RBI single gave the Houston Astros a 6-5 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night.
Brian Bogusevic came home on a wild pitch by closer Mitchell Boggs (0-1) earlier in the inning. He singled before advancing taking second on a passed ball. Michael Bourn bunted and reached first on an error by Boggs that got Bogusevic to third to set up the score.
Angel Sanchez and Hunter Pence both singled to load the bases and set up Hall's one-out winner.
Lance Berkman put the Cardinals on top 5-4 with a ninth-inning RBI double off Brandon Lyon (2-1) before Hall ruined his homecoming.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35