Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis asks fans to arrive early
SANDY — Jason Kreis has a message for Real Salt Lake fans tonight: Get there on time. Better yet, "Get there early so we can have a kickoff and a buildup to a kickoff that is deafening."
Throughout RSL's 37-match home winning streak (which includes three friendlies) at Rio Tinto Stadium, Kreis has never shied away from the fact that the fans make all the difference.
In the most important match in franchise — and some would say MLS — history, Kreis is pleading with fans to once again be the difference against visiting Monterrey.
Kreis said there's no better example about the impact prompt fans can have on his team than Real Salt Lake's home match against Los Angeles on March 26.
"I really felt like the L.A. game was as loud as I've ever heard it leading up to kickoff," said Kreis. "Leading up to the kickoff I think our players rode that wave of enthusiasm and you saw the start we had to the match. I think the fans could provide us with that type of passion and enthusiasm to win again," said Kreis.
In the Galaxy game, RSL scored in the second and 10th minute on its way to a convincing 4-1 victory.
An early goal against Monterrey would be massive in Real Salt Lake's quest to win the continental championship.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44