Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis asks fans to arrive early
SANDY — Jason Kreis has a message for Real Salt Lake fans tonight: Get there on time. Better yet, "Get there early so we can have a kickoff and a buildup to a kickoff that is deafening."
Throughout RSL's 37-match home winning streak (which includes three friendlies) at Rio Tinto Stadium, Kreis has never shied away from the fact that the fans make all the difference.
In the most important match in franchise — and some would say MLS — history, Kreis is pleading with fans to once again be the difference against visiting Monterrey.
Kreis said there's no better example about the impact prompt fans can have on his team than Real Salt Lake's home match against Los Angeles on March 26.
"I really felt like the L.A. game was as loud as I've ever heard it leading up to kickoff," said Kreis. "Leading up to the kickoff I think our players rode that wave of enthusiasm and you saw the start we had to the match. I think the fans could provide us with that type of passion and enthusiasm to win again," said Kreis.
In the Galaxy game, RSL scored in the second and 10th minute on its way to a convincing 4-1 victory.
An early goal against Monterrey would be massive in Real Salt Lake's quest to win the continental championship.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30