Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis asks fans to arrive early
SANDY — Jason Kreis has a message for Real Salt Lake fans tonight: Get there on time. Better yet, "Get there early so we can have a kickoff and a buildup to a kickoff that is deafening."
Throughout RSL's 37-match home winning streak (which includes three friendlies) at Rio Tinto Stadium, Kreis has never shied away from the fact that the fans make all the difference.
In the most important match in franchise — and some would say MLS — history, Kreis is pleading with fans to once again be the difference against visiting Monterrey.
Kreis said there's no better example about the impact prompt fans can have on his team than Real Salt Lake's home match against Los Angeles on March 26.
"I really felt like the L.A. game was as loud as I've ever heard it leading up to kickoff," said Kreis. "Leading up to the kickoff I think our players rode that wave of enthusiasm and you saw the start we had to the match. I think the fans could provide us with that type of passion and enthusiasm to win again," said Kreis.
In the Galaxy game, RSL scored in the second and 10th minute on its way to a convincing 4-1 victory.
An early goal against Monterrey would be massive in Real Salt Lake's quest to win the continental championship.
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 43
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23