Morry Gash, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Humberto Quintero hit a two-out, two-run double in the 10th inning to lift the Houston Astros over the Milwaukee Brewers 9-6 on Saturday night.
Quintero's big hit off Sean Green (0-1) came the inning after he couldn't tag Ryan Braun quickly enough in a play at the plate that completed Milwaukee's rally from a three-run deficit.
Houston snapped a four-game losing streak at Miller Park and won its first game when allowing four runs or more this season.
Brandon Lyon (1-1) and the Astros bullpen blew another lead, but Quintero picked the group back up.
Braun hit a two-run homer in the seventh to extend his streak of reaching base safely to 20 games and Prince Fielder added two RBIs to give him an NL-best 21, but it wasn't enough.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34