Donald Trump says Mitt Romney won't win GOP presidential nomination
Over the last few weeks, many news outlets have reported that Donald Trump is considering running for the GOP presidential nomination. Already a few websites like www.drafttrump2012.com/ and shouldtrumprun.com have cropped up asking for support for him to run.
Last week, Trump attacked President Obama on the Sean Hannity show, calling him the "worst president ever," but now he's also attacked Mitt Romney, telling The Daily Beast that Romney doesn't have a chance at the Republican nomination.
"He doesn't resonate, you know? Or he would have won last time," Trump told Daily Beast columnist and daughter of former GOP candidate, Meghan McCain. "I watched [Romney] make a speech, and it was all these little trivial statements."
This comes after the Deseret News reported earlier this month that Trump would not fair well against Romney in Utah. A Deseret News/KSL poll showed that Romney would get the votes of 83 percent of Utahns, compared to just 11 percent for Trump.
But Trump seems to have some support from Republican activists in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, according to an Associated Press article this week.
In a recent hypothetical match-up between President Obama and Trump conducted by Rasmussen Reports, it showed Obama leading Trump for the presidency by just 15 percentage points — Obama gained 49 percent of likely voters and Trump, 34.
Yet many believe Trump is just trying to get some free publicity. CNN reported this week that Trump has hinted at a possible presidential run off and on for the last 20 years.
"And wouldn't you know it, something always seems to come up at the last minute to change his mind," wrote investigative journalist Christopher Byron.
Trump told news outlets that he will announce in June whether or not he will run.
- Many questions remain in case of baby found...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Woman who drank toxic tea credits God, family...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Judge: Disclosing promises to witnesses...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 30
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22