Graduate students are being kicked out of marriage counseling programs because they are unwilling to personally counsel gay couples on how to sustain their relationships.
A physician in California was penalized for not artificially impregnating a lesbian woman.
In Massachusetts and Washington D.C., Catholic Charities was driven out of the adoption business because it refused to place children with gay couples.
In Illinois, Catholic, evangelical and Lutheran adoption and foster care agencies are being probed for discrimination.
"What they've done now is that they've stopped trying to persuade people that gay marriage is a good idea," Gallagher said. "What they are doing is raising the cost of speaking out … by directing a relentless torrent of accusations and hatred against anyone who speaks, no matter how civilly, for marriage."
She said that wars don't end when one side is annihilated, but when one side loses the will to fight.
For the same-sex marriage proponents, Gallagher said victory would be having same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states as a constitutional right. Then they can "move onto the process of reshaping society so that objections to gay marriage or homosexuality are treated the way we treat racism."
But for Gallagher the fight against recognizing same-sex marriage is a means, not an end. It is one thing on the road to what she was working on before she entered the fray. "For me, victory is rebuilding a culture of marriage so that each year more children are born to and raised by a mother and father who love them in a decent, average good-enough marriage."
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16