David Duprey, Associated Press
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Philadelphia Flyers center Danny Briere is getting a big kick out of being booed in Buffalo.
If the fans are booing him, then the Sabres former co-captain figures he must be doing something right in helping the Flyers win two straight to secure a 2-1 lead in their NHL first-round playoff series.
Four years after leaving the Sabres to sign with the Flyers in free agency, Briere has become the focus again in Buffalo for his ability to score clutch goals.
After scoring the decisive goal in a 5-4 victory in Game 2 last weekend, Briere sparked a two-goal second period in the Flyers' 4-2 victory Monday.
Game 4 is at Buffalo on Wednesday.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22