David Duprey, Associated Press
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Philadelphia Flyers center Danny Briere is getting a big kick out of being booed in Buffalo.
If the fans are booing him, then the Sabres former co-captain figures he must be doing something right in helping the Flyers win two straight to secure a 2-1 lead in their NHL first-round playoff series.
Four years after leaving the Sabres to sign with the Flyers in free agency, Briere has become the focus again in Buffalo for his ability to score clutch goals.
After scoring the decisive goal in a 5-4 victory in Game 2 last weekend, Briere sparked a two-goal second period in the Flyers' 4-2 victory Monday.
Game 4 is at Buffalo on Wednesday.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25