Political nuggets: Jon Huntsman Jr.'s leak; Mitt Romney's role
For those still wondering who might have leaked two handwritten letters last week from Jon Huntsman Jr. in which the former Utah governor effusively praised addressees Bill Clinton and Pres. Barack Obama, Politico's Ben Smith offers up two intriguing possibilities: the leak could've come from Utah Gov. Gary Herbert or perhaps even Huntsman himself.
In a staff editorial Monday, the Boston Globe lauds Mitt Romney's role in enacting Massachusetts healthcare reform five years ago. "The role Romney played was of a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate. … The role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative and business-friendly." (Romney received a lot of heat last week on the fifth anniversary of the Massachusetts healthcare reform he helped usher in.)
Finally, Sen. Orrin Hatch plans on showing up today for jury duty in Salt Lake City's Justice Court.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8