Political nuggets: Jon Huntsman Jr.'s leak; Mitt Romney's role
For those still wondering who might have leaked two handwritten letters last week from Jon Huntsman Jr. in which the former Utah governor effusively praised addressees Bill Clinton and Pres. Barack Obama, Politico's Ben Smith offers up two intriguing possibilities: the leak could've come from Utah Gov. Gary Herbert or perhaps even Huntsman himself.
In a staff editorial Monday, the Boston Globe lauds Mitt Romney's role in enacting Massachusetts healthcare reform five years ago. "The role Romney played was of a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate. … The role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative and business-friendly." (Romney received a lot of heat last week on the fifth anniversary of the Massachusetts healthcare reform he helped usher in.)
Finally, Sen. Orrin Hatch plans on showing up today for jury duty in Salt Lake City's Justice Court.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8