Political nuggets: Jon Huntsman Jr.'s leak; Mitt Romney's role
For those still wondering who might have leaked two handwritten letters last week from Jon Huntsman Jr. in which the former Utah governor effusively praised addressees Bill Clinton and Pres. Barack Obama, Politico's Ben Smith offers up two intriguing possibilities: the leak could've come from Utah Gov. Gary Herbert or perhaps even Huntsman himself.
In a staff editorial Monday, the Boston Globe lauds Mitt Romney's role in enacting Massachusetts healthcare reform five years ago. "The role Romney played was of a governor sensitive to business concerns and worried about the state's business climate. … The role Romney played on the state level was skillful, creative and business-friendly." (Romney received a lot of heat last week on the fifth anniversary of the Massachusetts healthcare reform he helped usher in.)
Finally, Sen. Orrin Hatch plans on showing up today for jury duty in Salt Lake City's Justice Court.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12