Iorizzo also recalled practicing his bass guitar one afternoon. Iorizzo said Naso came out of the building dressed in his underwear, holding a bottle of tequila and screaming for whoever was playing to stop.
Iorizzo said he opened up his window and told him it was the middle of the day.
"He yelled, 'I'll kill you!' I'll kill you!" Iorizzo said. "I told him, 'Yeah, bring it on Joe! You'll be seeing stars!' I had a Louisville Slugger with Harmon Killebrew's autograph on it waiting for him."
Sergio Rangel, who has lived in the apartment building since the mid-1970s, told the Chronicle that he remembers the couple. Rangel told the newspaper that he also remembers Naso, whom he called "berserk" and said had a drinking problem.
Rangel declined to talk to the Associated Press on Saturday.
Iorizzo said Saturday he recalled telling Rangel back then that if he ever had any problems with Naso to, "Let me know. We'll take care of him."
"How can you forget a guy who's threatened your life?" Iorizzo said. "That's something that stays with you."
Prisco said she's curious to see the notebooks written by Naso and whether she can bear to read the alleged graphic details.
"It would set my mind more at ease to see if there was a threat," Prisco said. "Maybe it will offer some closure. You don't know the darkness of the human heart until you hear something like this."
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Teachers saved many lives during Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake City has highest rate of same-sex...
- Authorities: Man questioned in Boston bombing...
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say how...
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 20
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 16