My cry was "bring the shutdown on!" It has been averted for the present, but what shall we look forward to? We are broke, we are bankrupt, we are at crisis stage. Bearing the hardship for a shutdown would be a Sunday School picnic compared to a complete collapse of our economy, which looms on the horizon with hyper-inflation that will surely come if the spending insanity we've had under the Obama regime continues.
Sad to say, Speaker of the House John Boehner compromised with Obama and Harry Reid for a measly $39 billion cut. To add insult to injury the Republicans failed to insist on cutting off $350 million annual funding for Planned Parenthood.
Fay S. Parker
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 93
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 42
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 37