My cry was "bring the shutdown on!" It has been averted for the present, but what shall we look forward to? We are broke, we are bankrupt, we are at crisis stage. Bearing the hardship for a shutdown would be a Sunday School picnic compared to a complete collapse of our economy, which looms on the horizon with hyper-inflation that will surely come if the spending insanity we've had under the Obama regime continues.
Sad to say, Speaker of the House John Boehner compromised with Obama and Harry Reid for a measly $39 billion cut. To add insult to injury the Republicans failed to insist on cutting off $350 million annual funding for Planned Parenthood.
Fay S. Parker
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 49
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 19
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 15
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11