My cry was "bring the shutdown on!" It has been averted for the present, but what shall we look forward to? We are broke, we are bankrupt, we are at crisis stage. Bearing the hardship for a shutdown would be a Sunday School picnic compared to a complete collapse of our economy, which looms on the horizon with hyper-inflation that will surely come if the spending insanity we've had under the Obama regime continues.
Sad to say, Speaker of the House John Boehner compromised with Obama and Harry Reid for a measly $39 billion cut. To add insult to injury the Republicans failed to insist on cutting off $350 million annual funding for Planned Parenthood.
Fay S. Parker
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20