My cry was "bring the shutdown on!" It has been averted for the present, but what shall we look forward to? We are broke, we are bankrupt, we are at crisis stage. Bearing the hardship for a shutdown would be a Sunday School picnic compared to a complete collapse of our economy, which looms on the horizon with hyper-inflation that will surely come if the spending insanity we've had under the Obama regime continues.
Sad to say, Speaker of the House John Boehner compromised with Obama and Harry Reid for a measly $39 billion cut. To add insult to injury the Republicans failed to insist on cutting off $350 million annual funding for Planned Parenthood.
Fay S. Parker
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- In our opinion: To be vigilant, relentless?
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 58
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36