My cry was "bring the shutdown on!" It has been averted for the present, but what shall we look forward to? We are broke, we are bankrupt, we are at crisis stage. Bearing the hardship for a shutdown would be a Sunday School picnic compared to a complete collapse of our economy, which looms on the horizon with hyper-inflation that will surely come if the spending insanity we've had under the Obama regime continues.
Sad to say, Speaker of the House John Boehner compromised with Obama and Harry Reid for a measly $39 billion cut. To add insult to injury the Republicans failed to insist on cutting off $350 million annual funding for Planned Parenthood.
Fay S. Parker
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32