Pat Sullivan, AP photo
HOUSTON — Bud Norris and the Houston bullpen combined on a three-hitter, Michael Bourn singled home the only run and the Houston Astros beat the San Diego Padres 1-0 Thursday night.
Norris (1-1) gave up two hits, struck out seven and left after pitching the top of the sixth. Bourn got his RBI hit in the bottom half of the inning against Dustin Moseley (0-3).
Relievers Fernando Abad, Mark Melancon and Brandon Lyon combined to close out the win. Lyon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save.
Moseley allowed seven hits in 6 2-3 innings and once again was the victim of the Padres' poor run support. San Diego's three shutouts this season have all come in his starts.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25