Pat Sullivan, AP photo
HOUSTON — Bud Norris and the Houston bullpen combined on a three-hitter, Michael Bourn singled home the only run and the Houston Astros beat the San Diego Padres 1-0 Thursday night.
Norris (1-1) gave up two hits, struck out seven and left after pitching the top of the sixth. Bourn got his RBI hit in the bottom half of the inning against Dustin Moseley (0-3).
Relievers Fernando Abad, Mark Melancon and Brandon Lyon combined to close out the win. Lyon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save.
Moseley allowed seven hits in 6 2-3 innings and once again was the victim of the Padres' poor run support. San Diego's three shutouts this season have all come in his starts.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33