Pat Sullivan, AP photo
HOUSTON — Bud Norris and the Houston bullpen combined on a three-hitter, Michael Bourn singled home the only run and the Houston Astros beat the San Diego Padres 1-0 Thursday night.
Norris (1-1) gave up two hits, struck out seven and left after pitching the top of the sixth. Bourn got his RBI hit in the bottom half of the inning against Dustin Moseley (0-3).
Relievers Fernando Abad, Mark Melancon and Brandon Lyon combined to close out the win. Lyon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save.
Moseley allowed seven hits in 6 2-3 innings and once again was the victim of the Padres' poor run support. San Diego's three shutouts this season have all come in his starts.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21